Iceberg Events was established in 1996 by Professional Conference Organiser and Managing Director, Jodie Parker. Since then this Brisbane-based events company has grown into a dynamic team comprising of Event Managers, Event Coordinators, Event Assistants and a full-time Graphic Designer.
In that time, Iceberg Events has put together conferences, conventions, symposia, trade shows and exhibitions, meetings and seminars across Australia and overseas. You can be assured of working with professional and experienced staff who can meet any challenge you care to throw at them.
Iceberg Travel is also a travel agency whereby we can organise your next group travel requirements including accommodation, flights and transfers and travel insurance.
They believe that organising events should be fun - and they'd like to keep it that way!
- Iceberg Events was recently accredited as an Certified Event Company with the Professional Conference Organisers (PCO) Association.
- Jodie Parker was also awarded Certified Event Manager from the PCO Association.
Founder & Managing Director
Jodie Parker is a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO), specialising in conference and event management. Jodie started Iceberg Events in 1996. She was 24 years old. Jodie is passionate about working closely with the client so the whole process is stress-free, fun and professional. She has a wealth of experience from working with corporate companies, franchisees, sporting groups, education, government and associations.
Kara Schmitke's role as Event Manager at Iceberg Events involves managing event logistics, liaising with and assisting, clients, sponsors, speakers and delegates, and working to ensure that every event runs smoothly!
More about Kara’s role at Iceberg Events:
- Works with Jodie on the project management of the events and conferences from start to finish.
- Manages all aspects of the conference in the lead up and onsite to ensure that the delivery of each event exceeds the clients expectations.
- Attends the planning meetings and works with the client/committee to ensure their event is a success.
- Liaises directly with venues and suppliers to ensure all requirements for the event are met.
- Manages the sponsors/exhibitors, confirming their involvement and following up on their requirements.
- Manages speakers with their event requirements, and conference presentations.
Professional Affiliations and Accreditation:
- Kara has a Bachelor of Business degree with majors in Event Management & Travel and Tourism Management.
- Kara is a member of the Professional Conference Organisers (PCO) Association.
- Kara is an accredited Certified Event Manager with the Professional Conference Organisers (PCO) Association.
- Kara has been trained in Galileo software for travel management.
- Did her schooling at Ipswich Girls’ Grammar School and continued her education at the University of Queensland to complete her Bachelor of Business degree.
- Favourite things include music, going to the beach and catching up with friends.
- Kara’s star sign is Taurus!
Roslyn Connor’s role as Event Manager at Iceberg Events involves managing event logistics, liaising with and assisting, clients, sponsors, speakers and delegates, and working to ensure that your event runs smoothly.
Event Coordinator and Travel Consultant
Krysty Monks’ role as Event Coordinator sees her assisting the event management team. She enjoys providing assistance to delegates with their registrations and enquiries, as well as greeting and assisting delegates on site at events. Krysty is also a Travel Consultant for Iceberg Travel. In this role, Krysty looks after the travel management for conference groups, speakers and delegates.
Brodi-Rose’s role as Event Assistant sees her assisting the event management team. She enjoys meeting delegates from all around the world as well as the complexity of Event Management within her teams’ portfolio.
Lisa Ma started work at Iceberg Events in early 2003 and enjoys being part of a fun and dynamic team! Her role at Iceberg Events has evolved and she is currently a Graphic Designer for Iceberg Events and Event Manager for Networx Brisbane events.
Event Assistant & Travel Consultant
Emma’s role at Iceberg Events as an Event Assistant and Travel Consultant sees her working alongside the Event Managers, coordinating sponsors, delegates and speakers as well as general administration including website and email management for our conferences. As a Travel Consultant she also looks after our travel clients and group travel for our conferences, these can be for groups of 10 to 400 passengers for domestic or international travel.
Sally Crowley’s role as Bookkeeper at Iceberg Events involves supporting the team by managing all aspects of financial transactions and reporting.
|Tell Us About Your Event:
TestimonialsThe 2013 AEA Annual Scientific Meeting was hosted by the Centre for Longitudinal and Life Course ..
Conference & Event Websites